Who do you call when there’s a leak in your bathroom or kitchen sink? A plumber. Who do you contact if there is an emergency in your neighbourhood? The police. Who do you go to when you’re hungry but you’re too lazy to cook food? The delivery guy.
Now, who do you go to when you need help with your acads?
It has been proven several times that the best person to approach is a tutor. They are subject experts who knows specific ways on how to help students understand a topic in an easier and more efficient style. However, for many different reasons, some students still refuse to engage with a tutor. These may include the following:
- They’re shy — Some students don’t want to approach tutors because they feel intimidated in the presence of a stranger. Being young as they are, they are most comfortable around their peers. While some may have the guts and confidence to feel at ease around a tutor, most doesn’t.
- They don’t want to look stupid — Getting a tutor kind of sounds like a plea for help. They are afraid that other people will have an impression that they’re not smart enough that’s why they need help from a tutor.
- It can be costly — They’re already paying for school. Getting a tutor is a whole different chunk of a budget.
- Conflict with schedule — As students, what takes up most of their time is school. There’s still extracurricular activities, friends, family, and me time. Going on a tutorial class is difficult to squeeze in on an already busy schedule.
Because of these reasons, students choose to decline the opportunity to learn better by enrolling in a tuition class. Here in this article, we would like to erase this stigma. Going on a tutorial class doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re failing. Most of the students here at Twig, for instance, are doing it for the purpose of bettering their understanding of chemistry and preparing themselves for university. If you’re a parent of student who is looking for enough reasons to join a tuition class, here it is.
- You are in a safe learning place — One advantage of enrolling in a tutorial class is the fact that you’re not the only one who wants to improve yourself. You’re in a class and you’re in it together. There’s no reason to feel inferior because you know that everyone is there for the purpose of learning.
- You will learn effectively and more efficiently — This is the very objective of each and every person in a tuition class—lecturer and students alike. Here at Twig, we guarantee to help our students learn in no more than 6 months with our a level tuition. Imagine how efficient that is!
- You will gain new friends — In a tutorial class, you get to socialize with other people who will eventually become your friends. It has been said that if one wants to go fast, go alone. But if one wants to go far, go together.
- It’s a great investment — Riches can be taken away, but one should always remember that knowledge and intellect cannot. Don’t let the opportunity to learn better just pass.
I am telling you now that tutors can be the best choice you will ever make as a student. Not only will you be able to get better grades, it’s also a good environment to gain new friends. Talk about hitting two birds with one stone!